We do a project.
What does "project" mean:© GNF
- Many people work together.
- For a short time.
- To make an idea come true.
After that time the project goal should be done.
Who works in our project:© freepik
In our project
there are people from all over Europe:
Who pays for our project:
The project is paid by an educational program.
This educational program is called “Erasmus plus”.
This is a program of the European Union.
In the European Union many countries of Europe work together.
What does the project want to achieve?© Umweltdachverband
Our project wants
to help people with disabilities
to experience nature.
That’s why the project logo says:
“nature without barriers”.
The full project name in difficult language is:
“Assuring the access
to nature education
and nature experience
for impaired people.”
Nature without barriers:
There are many people with disabilities in Europe:
- People who can’t see well. (Blind.)
- People who can’t hear well. (Deaf.)
- People who can’t walk well. (Using wheelchairs.)
- People who can’t read well. (Learning difficulties.)
These people often have problems to be in the nature.
Because they can’t find the way.
Or the wheelchair can’t go to some places.
In our project we want to make nature barriere-free.
Barrier-free means:© Umweltdachverband
Everyone can experience nature without help.
- Ramps for wheelchair users,
- Signs in Easy Language,
- Signs for blind people,
- Videos in sign language for deaf people,
- Text you can listen to.
About nature parks:© NLP-Schwarzwald
There are many nature parks in Europe.
The nature parks offer interesting things for the visitors.
So visitors can experience and understand nature.
Offers are for example:
- Nature trails.
- Nature conservation (protection) centers.
- Exhibitions (like in a museum).
- Tours guided by experts.
Many nature park employees do not know how to make nature barrier-free.
We teach them.
- How can guided tours be made better
for people with disabilities?
- How can nature trails be changed
so that everyone can use them without help.
We give information:
We prepare information for the experts in the nature parks.
For example an internet page.
- How do you make good guided tours for people with disabilities?
- How do you construct good nature trails for all people?
- How do you remove barriers in buildings and on paths?
- How can you communicate well with all people?
- How can you create different offers for
- Blind people,
- Deaf people,
- People in wheelchairs,
- People with learning difficulties?
All information about our project is available on the Internet:
Do you have any questions?
You can ask us.
You can write a letter.
Address it to:
Global Nature Fund (GNF)
Hackescher Market 4
10178 Berlin, Germany
Or you can call us:
0049 30 2400 867 341
Or you can write an e-mail: